Sunday, February 7, 2010

An Eventful Week

THIS WEEK was fun for me. I have alot to tell you about. Youthquake Live was on Friday: the theme was "True Love Waits," which they do every Febrary. It was wonderful. A guy proposed to his girlfriend on stage, and there was a number of very funny skits. One used socks to represent purity. You should definitely "keep your socks on," and not trade them or give them away. This will be a recurring joke for me and the rest of the group I went with, as we remind each other to maintain the possession of our socks. I was VERY excited because I had invited my sister's friend Ayan and she came, and liked it! I got to sit next to wonderful Rina (hey girl) and she got to sit next to Kenneth. It was my brother Joey's first YQL ever.
That afternoon my Grandma had come over to my house. She had spent much of the morning worried about Grandpa because he'd gone to the hospital to check something out, and they were waiting for test results. But he's OKAY! So thank the LORD.
When we went back to the car after YQL there was Maya, whom we would be babysitting until Sunday morning. Score! If you haven't met Maya, you need to. She's been learning all these new words, and she can carry a short conversation: "Hey." "Hey." "How are you doing?" "Good." "Visabisvisay." She's a delight. I got to go on a walk with her, Isabelle and Joey the next morning in the perfect blue day. It was very wonderful. I was telling my friend Jenny White about Maya when I met her at the Life Group on Saturday. I was the only one in the first group who showed up to meet her at Five Guys (and only one person showed up for the second group, too) so I had an hour and a half to just talk to Jenny about so many things. Once again, I'm very, very thankful to the LORD that He has given me these new friends who I can learn from and who will pray with me and for me, and whom I pray for. Jenny told me about a walk she was taking that morning with Jesus, and how she told Him she could just do this forver, and He told her "You will." Jesus rules. This made me think, and ask Jesus what He had to say to me. I told Him, I wanted to hear Him speaking to me. That night my devotional was about that very thing, listening for what GOD is saying, where He is calling me and what He wants me to learn. It's pretty awesome.
So guess what happened to me today? It's a little thing, but a curious thing, and a thing in which I think was GOD's Hand. I'm not sure what it means, but it's something for sure.
A few days ago I had this word in my head: "Zondervan." What is Zondervan? I knew I knew that word! I began to think, maybe it's a publishing company. I live in a room with a bunch of books, maybe it's on the spine of one of those. So I looked and I couldn't find "Zondervan." Then I looked at this book I've been reading, "The Case for Christ," and I saw the word "Zondervan" on the front, back and side of it. It IS a publishing company.
Okay neat, I thought. But today I saw "Zondervan" on the front of "The Purple Book!" So I realized, it's not just a publishing company. It's a Christian publishing company. This is interesting to me because I'm writing a Christian fiction book, and I would like to be a writer of such books alongside whatever other career I have. I told Jesus that I was looking into it, as I looked up the website. There are hundreds, probably thousands of Christian authors on their list! I don't know. Maybe this is the company GOD wants me to get published with one day. I'll leave it up to Him because He knows.
If you can take it, here's one more amazing thing. This week I heard my friend Sarah describing a miracle to another friend Emily, and I asked her to tell me about it on facebook. So a pastor's daughter who was going astray had stopped talking to her family, and a congregation member suggested the whole congregation pray for her. Apparently they prayed like fire and the pastor went home absolutely sure that the girl would come home in the morning. He told his wife that if there is a GOD, their daughter would be home in the morning. He was that sure. So what happened? Of course, the girl was there in the morning, asking who had been praying for her that night. She had had a dream where she was running for a cliff and GOD caught her right before she was going to fall. She thought He would be angry with her, but He just hugged her and loved her. I replied to the facebook message, "GOD is awesome." It's true. Please leave comments. Let's applaud the LORD.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Sophie! That's so cool. I'll pray for your future endeavors, as well as your present ones. Keep your socks on. (;

    P.S.(For some reason, my comments haven't been posting.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah told me that story too!

    It was wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete